Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:54:09 -0700
From:         BlackJack <jack@FERRET.NTS.LOGICON-LCIS.COM>
Subject:      Old/New Listee and questions

Hi All,

Well I went and did it and bought a new to me, 84 Westy to replace the 81, which is in the process of moving to it's new home. Some of you may remember me from long ago when I wrote articles on installing the Eberspacher gas heaters and the best way to remove and install the fuel tank.

Now for my questions:

-do we have a dealer out there that will cut us a break of say 20% off list? I have this arrangement with a Volvo dealer out in Keene, NH.

-recommendations on the best way to straighten the rear bumper?

-anyone want to come over to my house and walk me through the steps to bleed the air out of the cooling system? I remember chortling to myself all those years ago about not having to do that on my air-cooled. This is what I get for not paying attention then...

-anyone have a spare right front lens or bra they'd be willing to part with?

-I've ordered a set of the push in type clips for the sliding door panel, since I'm apt to destroy the old ones when I take the panel off. I need to figure out why the door handle binds and will probably snap off soon If I don't take care of this. Recommendations on tools/techniques for removing the clips without demolishing them?

Can't think of anything else right now. I have to say that I'm glad to have a reason to come back to this list. After experiencing what some other auto/moto related lists have to offer in the way of comraderie, I have to say that you guys/gals are still the best.

Jack