Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Dec 2001 08:11:25 -0700
From:         joseph Trussell <joetruss@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Second Chance!

Hello List!

Last week, I was perusing the classifieds here in Denver (as I do daily, searching for my next vanagon) and found an ad for a 1985 GL in good condition. I watched the ad all week, trying to decide whether to call or not. I opened the paper this past Friday morning, and lo and behold, the same Vanagon's price had dropped $600. I called them and found out that it's the same model, year, color, and everything that my old '85 was.

We went and looked at it Friday night, and Saturday morning at 8:30 AM, I became the owner of my second Vanagon. It's got 174k, no rust at all, new clutch, new tires, and I bought it from the second owner with all maintenance records; the interior is near-perfect; they used it as a kid transporter for the past ten years, and even owned a Vanagon before this one that they'd put 300k miles on (I know this because the owner showed me plenty of pictures.) He even threw in a Bentley manual and a couple of bottles of Autobahn coolant, all on the condition that I let him and his wife drive it around the neighborhood one last time before I took posession. It's in better shape than my last one and runs like a dream. It needs a good cleaning, some wax, and hubcaps, but otherwise, it as good a 1985 GL as I think I could have found.

A good friend who had many adventures with me in my old Vanagon said on Saturday, "you've gotten a second chance with something you love and that's twice as much as most people ever get. Make the most of it."

IT'S GREAT TO BE BACK!!!

Joe T. '85 GL (no name yet...)

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx