Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Dec 2001 23:10:23 -0800
From:         Zoran Mladen <zmaninco@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Help!  No ground to the fuel injectors???
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>

Hey Dennis,

Thanx for the message!

I am getting the pulse at the coil, and the wire ECU wires are plugged into this side of the coil. I'm getting the positive pulse to the ECU - checked the wire to ensure there are no breaks.

I'm getting juice via the double relay. But no ground to the injectors - no pulse, no constant ground, nothing. I drove the car prior to pulling the engine, so I don't think the problem is the ECU. I think its either a break in a wire somewhere or a misplaced or miswired wire.

Any other thoughts?

--- Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET> wrote: > The ground is actually switched/pulsed by the ECU. > This is how the fuel > delivery is controlled. You need to check the wiring > and either > determine if there is some reason the ECU is not > controlling the > injector. Check the trigger wire to the ignition > coil. The injectors > should pulse every other spark,(once each > revolution). A bad temp sensor > may also cause this. > > Dennis > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Vanagon Mailing List > [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf > Of Zoran Mladen > Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 4:16 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Help! No ground to the fuel injectors??? > > Hello everyone! > > Its been a few weeks since I have been on the list. > I > am currently transitioning between jobs, so I > unsubscribed to the list. Will subscribe again > through my new company in about a week. > > Ok, now on to my problem. I have an 83 Westy > air-cooled that I just rebuilt the engine in. Ran > fine before except for a dropped seat in number 3 > cylinder. Everything is rebuilt and installed but I > am having a problem. It will not start. I have > checked the fuel injection via the harness per > Bentley > and everything checks out. Also, I have checked and > rechecked the connections - everything looks good. > It > turns over, fuel pressure is about 39 pounds. I > have > spark to the spark plugs. The problem is I have no > ground to the injectors, the juice via the double > relay is there, but no ground - so no gas. > > Its a California car and has a couple extras like a > speed limited relay. I also tried bridging the idle > stabilizer to no avail. Simply no pulsing ground to > the injectors, heck, no ground whatsoever. > > Any ideas???? > > Z > > __________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Check out Yahoo! Shopping and Yahoo! Auctions for > all of > your unique holiday gifts! Buy at > http://shopping.yahoo.com > or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com