Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Dec 2001 18:45:55 EST
From:         Raul Cisneros <Merrag@AOL.COM>
Subject:      90 Westy as stocking stuffer(FOR SALE-NY $9300)

Folks, just got the contract for buying a house, so this one has to go....

This is how I just advertised in a few places:

1990 VW Vanagon Westfalia Camper GL. Maroon. Poptop, sink, stove, fridge. Auto tranny, strong engine-no leaks. Power locks, windows, mirrors & steering. Alloys. California car. 129k miles. Asking $9300.- New York. email; merrag@aol.com

Here’s the scoop; I bought this Westy this past summer with some problems, like a bad engine (it was a GEX rebuild [bad, very bad] with only 25k miles on it when it melted a valve-anyone want the remains?), one bad CV joint, busted skylight, fridge was not working, and a couple dents/scrapes. I replaced the engine with a spare I had (new head gaskets/JB welded) the engine has about 100k. Runs like a top. All exhaust intact, new BusDepot stainless body muffler and all new stainless hardware (about 35 bucks worth of nuts and bolts!). CV joint was replaced with new (rebuilt) axle. Auto tranny shifts/operates perfectly. Skylight replaced with Skylight guy single layer unit, flex arm, etc bought new from EuroAmerican RV. Fixed fridge-pump did not pump, lights quick & easy now, works in all modes. Stove and sink/pump work. Body is great (California car, has been on the east coast for ~two years), no rusty seams, but has some dents and scrapes that I did not fix. Interior is in excellent condition, have all curtains/screens. VW AM/FM cassette.

What it needs: Previous owner tapped the drivers side front above the headlight and on the front fiberglass bumper (have another, different color). Also lightly scraped the rear drivers side wheel well and back fiberglass side piece. The passengers side looks like someone “key” scraped it. A local body place estimated $1000.00 for all body work. Windshield has 3 good rock dings. Missing front table. AC does not work-belt is off the pump, have not tried to troubleshoot. Has cruise control, but also no-go. Maroon Poptop has a slight crack by the skylight-what the #*%% did DPO do? Canvas has been patched, but is serviceable.

So if someone wants a very nice late model Westy at a good price, and willing to finish the work on it, I will let any Lister have it for $8600.00. I am in the process of scanning some photos, if you want me to send you some pics. Let me know if you have a stocking big enough.... (merrag@aol.com)

Raul Cisneros Nyack, NY 90 Westy GL 87 Syncro W Westy