Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 Dec 2001 09:00:45 -0500
From:         "Carrington, Tom" <TCarrington@RELITECH.COM>
Subject:      Re: # archive search problems and tips
Comments: To: TinkerMan <tinkerman007@YAHOO.COM>

Have you tried the we-based archive search recently? Since the server was upgraded a few months back, searching via the web is much improved. No more timeouts!!

For searching via e-mail it does sound like your web e-mail is inserting line breaks, which ListServ hates. You already found one solution - breaking your commands up into several lines so that your e-mail request looks like:

GETPOST 123 456 789 012 345 678 GETPOST 234 345 456 567 678 789 GETPOST 987 876 765 654 543 432

Another way to try it is to send the commands in a "job" field. This tells ListServ to ignore any line breaks in the middle of the request. The syntax would be:

// JOB GETPOST 123 456 789 012 345 678 234 345 456 567 678 789 987 876 765 654 543 432 // EOJ

Even though the above request spans more than one line, it should work. Happy searching!

TomC tcarrington@relitech.com http://www.relitech.com/tomc http://volksweb.relitech.com 85 Vanagon Crew Cab 82 Westy diesel=>gas conversion 81 Checker A-11 (Taxi) 65 Notchback