Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 Dec 2001 22:01:13 -0800
From:         developtrust <developtrust@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: where to get redline gear oil???
Comments: To: Gerald Masar <azsun99@EARTHLINK.NET>

I just replaced my tranny gear oil last week. I was told 3.2 quarts also but it took 4 quarts (about 3 tablespoons overflowed.) If you let your tranny drain overnight you will be able to get all 4 quarts in.

And believe me, you'll have to get a 17 mm Allen wrench and cut it down to make it fit in those tight quarters. Sears sells a 17 mm Allen wrench but I got mine at Tool Depot in the San Diego California area. I had to cut off 1 & 1/2 inches to get it to fit the drain plug behind the exhaust pipe.

Great results after replacing the tranny oil. Much smoother shifting. Much, much smoother.

William Polowniak Vanagon site http://members.home.net/holisticdream/vanagon1989.htm

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerald Masar" <azsun99@EARTHLINK.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2001 9:34 PM Subject: Re: where to get redline gear oil???