Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Dec 2001 00:59:45 -0500
From:         Wade Shen <swade@UMIACS.UMD.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Operating temp question
Comments: To: Kevin Kusmider <harvest@FREDERICKMD.COM>

I'm in DC, and my van's been running at just under the LED when there's no traffic (30-60 mph sustained). It runs just above the LED in traffic or idling and the cooling fan cycles.

I suspect your thermostat is stuck open, and if you let it idle for 40-50 minutes, it will eventually reach operating temperature (when the cooling fan cycles).

wade