Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2001, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 30 Dec 2001 14:32:15 -0900
From:         Mike Moery <mike.moery@ACSALASKA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Diesel vanagon high oil consumption
Comments: To: 'Sylvain Bélanger' <sylbelanger@HOTMAIL.COM>

The turbo oil return line must indeed be modified when these engines are installed at the angle that the Vanagon requires. I prefer routing it to the lower edge of the block, just above the oil pan, rather than to the oil pan itself, since the cast iron block provides a nice strong material to bore and thread into. This still provides adequate drainage from the turbo. If you would like to see a detailed photograph of this modification, I would be happy to e-mail it to you.

    -Mike Moery Anchorage, AK   ---------------         ||E[__] [__]|[_]\         | =======| -   ||   * * * *( o )-------( o )= 'Ol Bessie '82TD Westy