Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2001, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 31 Dec 2001 09:40:19 -0500
From:         "Carrington, Tom" <TCarrington@RELITECH.COM>
Subject:      Re: Starter removal help needed
Comments: To: Patrick Harris <harrisvanagon@HOTMAIL.COM>

Hi Patrick,

You need the socket version of a hex-head (Allen) wrench to get that upper bolt out.

Take a look at "Step 3" in my clutch article - it will show you how to remove the starter. The article is at:

http://volksweb.relitech.com/clutch.htm

It's also easier if you have a helper to hold a wrench on the 17mm nut on the engine compartment side. You won't be able to reach it from underneath due to the cooling tin.

Take care,

TomC tcarrington@relitech.com http://www.relitech.com/tomc http://volksweb.relitech.com 85 Vanagon Crew Cab 82 Westy diesel=>gas conversion 81 Checker A-11 (Taxi) 65 Notchback