Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Jan 2002 11:46:45 -0800
From:         Dan Snow <dieselvanagon@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      FS Mercedes 14" Alloys, drilled, correct offset

See picture and ad at: http://www.craigslist.org/sfo/car/2505080.html They are in the SF Bay area.

I am selling these. I picked up this set of 14" Mercedes forged aluminum alloy wheels with the intention of installing them on my Vanagon, but I need the money now. These wheels, unlike almost any other aftermarket Vanagon wheel, have the correct offset, so they will not hurt your van's alignment or driveability and they won't interfere with your sliding door. These wheels are wicked strong, as they were uber-engineered for big, fat, 150-mph Mercedes luxo-liners.

After I bought them, I had the lug bolt holes machined out to fit the (thicker) vanagon studs/bolts. So they are ready to mount your tires (not included). You probably need to order longer lug bolts for the front (easy at $1.00 apiece). The rear studs are long enough to fit the wheels already, so no need to mess with them.

The wheels come with the Mercedes star center caps. The wheels are in great mechanical and cosmetic shape, but they could use a coat of paint.