Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 Jan 2002 21:39:04 -0800
From:         developtrust <developtrust@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Do not read until Friday

THE VALUE OF EXERCISE

- It is well documented that for every mile that you jog, you add one minute to your life. This enables you at 85 years old to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month.

- I joined a health club last year, spent about 400 bucks. Haven't lost a pound. Apparently you have to show up.

- I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.

- The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier.

- I don't jog; it makes the ice jump right out of my glass.

- I used to watch golf on TV but my doctor told me that I need more exercise; so now I watch tennis.

- If exercise work pays off in the future, shouldn't laziness pay off now?

- A daily exercise regime never killed anyone, but why chance it?

- Isn't having good health merely the slowest possible way you can die?

- My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 now and we don't know where the heck she is.

- I don't exercise at all. If God meant us to touch our toes, he would have put them further up on our body.

- I have flabby thighs, but fortunately my stomach covers them.

(Source unknown)