Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 5 Jan 2002 11:55:45 -0800
From:         Richard Ferguson <fergusrh@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      legal options?

Well the dealer finally admitted there is a problem with the heads...after taking it back to them seven times without a proper diagnosis...I took it to another shop where they discerned the problem in about an hour. Dealer refused to do anything until they did the test for themselves. So...they want 1200 a side for the head job and are offering to pay half. The indy shop offered the same service for 800 and the dealer is willing to pay half of that. I am already out 1000 bucks in this deal and countless hours of aggravation and inconvenience. Also, they may find more problems when they get it there...I may have had a problem with the heads when I first took it to the dealer but I asked them to check the engine for that at the time as well as tune up. I definitely don't trust them to do the head work. What should I do? Has anyone had to sue a dealer or shop before? what are my chances/best options? Should I take the half and get out? This dealer is the most incompetent fool it has ever been my misfortune to encounter. BTW: West Broad VW in Richmond, Va. Should I threaten to picket them??? Thanks in advance for any helpful advice, Rick 85 Westie 2.1 rebuild with brand new heads at time of purchase about 30k miles ago.