Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Jan 2002 21:25:29 -0800
From:         developtrust <developtrust@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: Swithcing springs to correct sway to the left on a camper
Comments: To: Stan Wilder <wilden1@juno.com>

Well, Stan,

I'm going to work on the back springs first. Once archive posting said that if you raised the left rear the right front would drop a bit. We shall see.

I'll try that rotating the spring 180 degrees to see if that makes a difference. Then the home made shim.

For the front I am first going to use those spring spacers at FLAPS. I know some say it is a cheap fix and will ruin the springs but I have used them before on my old Mercedes with no problem. Besides one day I will replace the springs anyhow with those that Steve sells.

I measured from the ground to the fender at the top of the wheel well and I am one inch shorter on the left. I guess it is better to measure from the fender to the middle of the wheel cap as someone said in case tire pressure was not the same.

I'll let you all know the results when I decide to tackle the project.

William Polowniak 1989 Vanagon GL 1988 Mercedes 300 SE

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stan Wilder" <wilden1@juno.com> To: <developtrust@HOME.COM> Cc: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 9:05 PM Subject: Re: Swithcing springs to correct sway to the left on a camper