Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Jan 2002 18:39:10 -0800
From:         "Sean B." <vgonman@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: 15" wheels/gearing and the Ti engine conversion
Comments: To: Willolyn99@AOL.COM

RPM/gearing has nothing to do with the engine. When I had my WBX I was turning 4k RPM at 70mph. With the new motor I'm still turning 4k RPM at 70mph. The difference is that the new motor, because it is more efficient, uses less fuel to maintain this speed. Also, because it has more power, it can get up to this speed faster.Also, it can accelerate past this speed faster.

As far as the mixture goes, the ECU is smart enough to adjust the injector firing time to compensate for the lower fuel pressure. I will be confirming this within a week because I'll be getting an adjustable FPR. I'll pull numbers from the ECU running the 2 bar that the Vanagon FPR puts out, then I'll rais the FP a to a point closer to the 2.5 bar the Golf FPR puts out and pull the numbers again. I'm thinking that the inector firing times will decrease because the highr FP is letting more fuel through the injectors for a given amount of time.

Sean B. '90 V'gon, "Happy Bus", pseudo Wolfy Torrance, CA Join the TiiCo registry at HTTP://www.vgonman.com