Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Jan 2002 08:38:25 -0600
From:         Chris Stann <ChrisS@INFORMS.COM>
Subject:      easy front heater blower air speed question...

This Sunday I spent 10 hours dismantling the dash, adding insulation, reconditioning the air flaps in the air box and replacing my dead heater blower motor. Yes, I put it back together. I'll have pics coming too.

Now that the blower motor is working I noticed that the air speed, or the force of the air coming out of the vents is rather disappointing. At the highest speed it seems equivalent to driving at 25 MPH with air flaps open. Considering it's the same blower as the one in my rear A/C unit, I expected an air blast, rather than an air breath.

How's yours? How would you describe your heater blower performance?

Chris.