Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 Jan 2002 15:36:16 -0500
From:         Vanagon Man <vgonman@MSN.COM>
Subject:      Eurovan Q and A
Comments: To: Karl Dawe <kdawe@MUN.CA>

For anyone considering getting a Eurovan, do a tour on the Eurovan list. I considered getting one a couple years back, for I think they are good looking vehicles.

They are quite overpriced.

Parts availability is the worst..........the number of cars imported to the stats is miniscule, so really few to no aftermarket parts........most parts come from GERMANY to the dealer................and forget even thinking about a 93...notorious pieces of sh**.

Mechanically harder to work on being front engine, most repair shops do not touch them, so you are stuck with the dealer, and dealer rates..........

These are not MY opinions..........these were the opinions of several Eurovan List listees that laid the facts on the table..............a few of them viewed the car as a nightmare, and thank god for their list or I would have been in there shoes based on the cosmetic appearance of the vehicle! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Karl Dawe" <kdawe@MUN.CA> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 12:16 PM Subject: Re: Goodbye Eurovan Detroit Auto Show