Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:27:50 -0500
From:         "G. Matthew Bulley" <gmbulley@BULLEY-HEWLETT.COM>
Subject:      Re: noise reduction sound deadening quiet

The home-supply roofing/guttering stuff is not the same as automobile soundproofing in the least.

It's like making the logical leap that since Castrol 20w50 and 2nd-press olive oil are both "amber oily liquids" that they are interchangeable.

If you want your van to be quiet, take a trip to a local wrecking yard, and piece through a demolished Mercedes, Lexus, Infinity or even (gasp) a late model VW. Look carefully at the materials they use. Not how the voids are filled. Note how they don't use rubberized roofing felt for sound proofing (like VW used to).

Believe me, I tried to find inexpensive products for our re-do, but don't sacrifice all of your hard work by using inferior materials.

From historic, walkable Mount Olive, NC,

G. Matthew Bulley Bulley-Hewlett Corporate Communications Business: www.bulley-hewlett.com Alliance: www.ntara.com Home: www.MountOliveNC.info