Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 Jan 2002 14:49:35 GMT
From:         Keith Adams <lkadams@TELUSPLANET.NET>
Subject:      Re: VW Radio Wiring?
Comments: To: Dan Snow <dieselvanagon@HOTMAIL.COM>

>I just picked up an AM/FM stereo cassette player from a Jetta, and I plan to

>install it in the Van. It is from a fairly recent

Dan,

I have recently installed a Clarion built headunit from a 2000 Jetta in my Syncro. One problem you'll find is that it's too deep to fit into the dash. Spacer time.

If your radio is like 96 and newer, the pin out will look like the following picture. Essentially, the old plugs forom the factory radio plugged right in (if you don't have them, hit a junkyard - any VW radio plugs from like 86 on will fit I'm guessing). I had to add 2 (I think) extra power wires to the security portion of the radio (if you don't have the code, get ahold of Rennie Wible). I added a Blitzsafe cable and Panasonic 8 disc changer to mine. Works great. Best of luck!

http://www.doki-doki.net/~lamune/gti/Late98radio.jpg

Keith Adams Calgary, AB, CA || http://www.clubveedub.com 86 Westy "Roxy" || 87 Syncro "Hugh"