Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:01:56 -0800
From:         Joseph Fortino <fortino1@ONEBOX.COM>
Subject:      Re: O2 Sensor Readings
Comments: To: John Clavin <jc@AUSTIN.RR.COM>

I'm not an expert, but I noticed somthing on my 02 SENSOR after replacing it, was all full of carbon at the tip so this would lead me to think that I'm still running way rich on a poor mans budget.. :) * just for the heck of it this was the second one I replaced if anything I thought I could have a spare. but it looked semi burn so i chucked it. BTW i did'nt have too many miles on this O2 SENSOR

Joe

-- Joseph Fortino fortino1@onebox.com - email

---- John Clavin <jc@AUSTIN.RR.COM> wrote: > I have been trying to tune out a little idle hunting and fast idle > that was > left over after replacing my AFM. I have done that by adjusting the > idle > setting and CO mixture, and have been watching the O2 output with my > DVM. > > I seem to be getting strange readings from my O2 sensor. On some occasions, > it seems to read fine with a warm idling engine in closed loop -- I > can > clearly see the readings oscillate back and forth crossing 0.5 volts. > > But other times it just seems to stay at about 0.6 volts and does not > waiver at all, except to increase momentarily when I increase the throttle. > Again, this is warm, closed loop operation. If I disconnect the sensor > from > the cable harness and just read its open loop output, it reads 0.2 > volts. > If I close down the AFM CO screw I can only get it up to 0.4 volts. > > Is this the sign of a dying O2 sensor? This one only has 12,000 miles > on > it. I thought they just slowly degrade, but this one seems to be ok > sometimes but not others. > > Or is there something else going on here? > > John >

__________________________________________________ FREE voicemail, email, and fax...all in one place. Sign Up Now! http://www.onebox.com