Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:12:30 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Friday humor
Comments: To: mwmiller@CWNET.COM
Comments: cc: wetwesties@yahoogroups.com

Well Mike! All of us with Preventive Maintenance Syndrome never have parts failures.

True; we all have a closet full of new parts demanding out constant attention just to keep them inventoried so we don't double backup on parts orders. The rule is; If it hisses, squeaks, bumps, whines, binds or any way offends us, replace the part. This rule applies to big items like engines, transmissions, blower motors, water pumps just like the little stuff. I expect to see the Executive Staff from Bus Depot, Bus Boys, IMPEX, Rocky Mountain Motor Works at my funeral. (Hopefully I'll be looking down on them and not up at their shoe soles.) When I have visitors I like to show off my parts inventory and explain to them that I'm going to install the parts because I'm tired of waiting for the old part to fail. Just the other day I was considering replacing the shims under all four springs and I ran out of beer. I'd be out there waxing my Westy right now but I'm just afraid that one day soon its going to wax right back. http://williamwareagency.com/forsale/stanvan/vans.htm I recently installed a late model Vanagon speedometer in my 83 Air Cooled and the speedometer has 100 mph on the face. That speedometer gets me more laughs from passengers than I can count. So don't be ragging on our Friday Humor while I'm sitting here waiting for 8 rocker arm lock nuts from Bus Boys. They been there for 19 years and I've got myself convinced that they are up for failure within the next 70 miles. If you want to do something constructive, contact the administrators at type2 list and tell them what a valuable asset I am to the Vanagon list. Tell them that baring me for lifetime is unfair just for posting a virus warning. I miss my daily Air Cooled Fix.

Stan Wilder 83 Westfalia Air Cooled

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:22:06 -0800 mike miller <mwmiller@CWNET.COM> writes: > I actually thought that even Friday humor was supposed to be > 'somewhat' van > related. > > Maybe it's the 'worrying works' one that qualifies this? Nope, 90 % > of what > I worry about on my van breaks, so does the other 10 % . > > > > Mike > > > From: developtrust <developtrust@HOME.COM> > > Reply-To: developtrust <developtrust@HOME.COM> > > Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:49:10 -0800 > > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > > Subject: Friday humor > > > > DEEP THOUGHTS: > > > > -- Worrying works! 90 percent of the things I worry about > > never happen. > > > > -- Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead > > of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. > > Just leave me alone. > > > > -- It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as > a > > warning to others. > > > > -- It is far more impressive when others discover your good > > qualities without your help. > > > > -- Good judgment comes from bad experience and a lot of that > > comes from bad judgment. > > > > -- Never test the depth of the water with both feet. > > > > -- If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a > couple > > of car payments. > > > > -- If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, > > it was probably worth it. > > > ________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.