Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 26 Jan 2002 10:00:01 -0500
From:         "Carrington, Tom" <TCarrington@RELITECH.COM>
Subject:      Re: Inner CV Boot Replacement: Okie Redneck Style...
Comments: To: "okartguy@HOTMAIL.COM" <okartguy@HOTMAIL.COM>

I concur with Don,

The first time I did the CV's on my 1981 Vanagon many years ago, I trusted my "calibrated arm". After a week, several of the bolts backed out and the threads in the drive flange (thingie that the CV bolts up to) of the transmission we ruined.

New flange, seal and cap were about $75.00, the tow home was about $35.

Decent torque wrench is less than $50 - you do the math!

TomC tcarrington@relitech.com http://www.relitech.com/tomc http://volksweb.relitech.com http://checkerweb.relitech.com 85 Vanagon Crew Cab 82 Westy diesel=>gas conversion 81 Checker A-11 (Taxi) 65 Notchback