Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 26 Jan 2002 16:53:17 -0400
From:         Malcolm Stebbins <MSTEBBIN@MSVU1.MSVU.CA>
Subject:      Re: Good Bus Depot Experiences + Water Pump

OK, Here's my "Good BusDepot Experience" story. As some of you know, last summer I drove my 91 Syncro Westy from Cairo, Egypt to Amsterdam, Netherlands.

In Turkey - in the middle of no where, the water (coolant) pump went out - dripping lots of coolant and wobbly on the spindle. I 'limped' to a Renault service garage. They spoke NO English, no French and I spoke no Turkish. They were great (but that's not the story here). They needed the part number to order the pump (long story) and they would not rely on my Bentley book. So I found an internet cafe in this tiny Turkish town and hit www.busdepot.com and found Ron's water pump page for a 91 syncro took the number # to the Renault garage and they ordered the part from VW Istanbul (a much longer story) - Ron never saw an order for this part!!! . I should say that I have ordered several hundred dollars of stuff from Ron and am very satisfied. I was glad to have the BusDepot there. SO!!!! Thanks RON!!!!!!!!!!! Malcolm, Halifax