Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 26 Jan 2002 20:27:16 -0800
From:         Rennie Wible <volksdragon@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: VW Radio Wiring?
Comments: To: Dan Snow <dieselvanagon@HOTMAIL.COM>

they are still available from VW. Not that big of a deal to wire them, I have the A-3 and changer set-up in my 61 crew cab. I got most of the wiring from the Bentley manual.

Rennie

Dan Snow wrote: > > I just picked up an AM/FM stereo cassette player from a Jetta, and I plan to > install it in the Van. It is from a fairly recent Jetta, and it can control > a CD changer. It says "VW Premium Audio, Anti Theft, CD changer control" on > the front of it. On the back are a set of pins to plug in to. Does anyone > have ANY idea how I should go about doing this for my Van? Are there plugs > for sale somewhere that will fit this beast. And wiring diagrams? Thanks in > advance for any help. (BTW, I burned out a used cheapy stereo the other day > trying to install it, and I momentarily connected + to - and - to +. Don't > want to make the same mistake here.) > > Daniel Snow > > '82 Vanagon Diesel > '78 Puch Maxi Luxe Moped > '01 Xootr Scooter > http://faculty.haas.berkeley.edu/snow/vanagon/vanagon.html > > _________________________________________________________________ > Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp.