Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Jan 2002 08:20:33 -0500
From:         WVVW <wvveedub@NETSCAPE.NET>
Subject:      Trasko - Thanks Yoshi

Yoshi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to translate and post the findings. And your English is just fine, so no need to apologize. My Korean friend is still working on the packet that William sent me.

In any event, I'm not convinced that the trasko filter is such a good thing. By looking at the results, it would appear that the filter works decent between 5500 Km (3400 miles) and 10000 Km (6200 miles), but beyond that, the acidity levels increase very noticeably. Not to mention the viscosity has a sharp drop around the 15000 Km (9300 miles) mark.

The filter probably works quite well before the 5000 mile mark, but apparently, beyond that it becomes inconsistent. I think that I would probably be willing to try the filter on my Subaru. But due to the delicate nature of the VW engine, I would probably shy away from it. The wasserboxer has enough problems with head leaks and starting problems (amongst other things) to add something else to the equasion.

Don't get me wrong, I think the filter is probably a great product. I am very pleased that someone is doing something right to ease the damage done to our environment.

Or maybe I'm just looking for that closed circuit engine that runs on recycled water and beer cans...

However, feel free to correct me if you think that I may be mistaken.

And, even though I've said it already, Thanks Yoshi.

Brian Atkins 1985 7-Passenger GL (finiky, environmentally damaging, but loveable) 1973 Beetle Basket-case (anyone want a project?) 1993 Subaru Legacy (My "swiss-knife" car) 1986 Toyota Tercel (Please buy me) --

__________________________________________________________________ Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape! http://shopnow.netscape.com/