Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2002, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:27:35 -0800
From:         developtrust <developtrust@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: Camping out Veggy style. Any vegetarians on this list?
Comments: To: ChrisS@informs.com

> Although I am not a vegetarian I tend to eat healthy foods. I'd like to > find out how I could replace the meat protein in my diet.

The absolute best source of protein in spirulina powder. It is 70% protein and 4 times more assimilatable than any other protein. It also has all the essential amino acids and vitamin B12, chock full of vitamins and minerals and more. It is available at most health food stores and sells for about $37 a pound. More expensive in tablet form of course.

It tastes to most people like a cross between seaweed and chicken soup. One needs to acquire a taste for it.

It is a main ingredient in all supplements which boast of good ingredients but do not give credit to the spirulina for it.

I sprinkle it on my salads and in soups and try to get some every day. I buy it by the case. Even people who are not vegetarian can benefit from it as it will give needed nutrients to anyone. No healthy home should be without it.

Any how, bottom line, all diets should include large salads of raw greens and fresh fruits. I know a lot of people will object to this but as soon as you cook food over 112 degrees it kills all enzymes and your food is virtually dead. With time dead food creates dead people. Only living food will create health. There are always exceptions like George Burns who lived to be 100 or Paul McCartney's wife who was vegetarian who died of cancer. But generally speaking living food is where it is at.

Spirulina will be the best food choice anyone makes.

William Polowniak 1989 Vanagon GL 1988 Mercedes 300 SE