Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 2 Feb 2002 13:58:58 -0800
From:         Michael Samson <msamson@LOCALNET.COM>
Subject:      Parts FS

Listees-

After many months of delay, including circumstances that directly affected my extended family in connection with the events of September 11th, I am finally preparing to proceed with the engine/ transaxle conversion project on my '88 GL. I am planning to install a 5 cylinder engine and convert from 4-speed to automatic transaxle.

I have acquired two vehicles to serve as donors: an '85 GL Vanagon and an '87 Quantum. As such, I will have a large variety of parts that will be left over and will be for sale, including a few things from my existing '88 Vanagon. A partial list:

1) 2.1 litre wasserboxer engine (Running, but high miles. Good for short-term use or excellent rebuild candidate. Ran excellent when vehicle was parked.)

2) AFM and Diifant control unit for '88 Vanagon

3) 4-speed transmission from '88 Vanagon (quiet operation, but has 3-4 slider failure; good core)

4) Starter for '88 Vanagon

5) 1.9 litre wasserboxer engine (For parts only, condition unknown. Salvage owner indicated that vehicle may have been operated with oil light on.)

6) AFM and Dijijet control unit for '85 Vanagon

7) Chassis, body, and interior parts (black upholstery) for '85 Vanagon (Quantity of body parts is limited- vehicle is pretty rusty)

8) Chassis, body, interior parts for '87 Quantum (no engine or trans, typical rusty doors, perfect front clip, exceptionally clean brown interior, misc electricals, all glass)

Inasmuch as I came into these vehicles at low cost, I am intending to pass the benefits of this on to my fellow list members. For instance, I'm only asking $ 250.00 USD for the 2.1 wasserboxer, plus some assistance to remove it. On average, I expect that these various items will go very cheap. I will not exploit anyone in a "bidding war"- promise! Successful candidates will be those who can articulate a particular need, have immediate needs, or otherwise have the desire to help other needy souls in the Vanagon community. Additionally, those willing to travel to Rochester, NY to pick up their items will probably be given some preference.

I am targeting March 15 or thereafter to transact most of this business. I expect to receive a significant number of inquiries, so please p-mail me with your specific inquiries, needs, and/ or proposals.

I am still looking or a _complete_ Vanagon A/C setup, or things germane to a 5-cylinder conversion. Also, I'm in need of a few things for my '86 Audi 5000 Turbo. Trades/ bartering will be considered. Referrals are appreciated.

Your mileage may vary.

Thanks!

-Michael Samson Rochester, NY