Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 3 Feb 2002 12:01:38 -0500
From:         Stephen Steele <steeles@HORIZONVIEW.NET>
Subject:      Central Ohio Westies vans and busses Gathering

A general posting to the List about COWvab's Late Winter Gathering: ( sorry for the WOB for those of you on both lists)

Folks: Well, just about a year ago I was compiling a list of van people from the Vanagon.Com and Westfalia.Org lists for a possible group here in Central Ohio. A late winter Gathering and subsequent campouts have solidified us into a smallish group of happy campers and given us a name we can live with.

We now have 34 listees and have averaged six to eight vans on our campouts. Last years' initial Gathering on March 10 brought out 13 of you for a drive in, park, and share event.

It's time for planning this year's Gathering and your input is needed to make it happen. Please reply with your choices of...

PLACE: Central Columbus is best ( Goodale Park again?...as good as I can come up with) German Village? Others?

DATES: March 2 (I have a March 9 conflict) March 16 or March 23

WHAT/TIMES: At Noon to 2pm... a Park and Show...Several members already have parts and info to swap around. Some of you may know of/need/have various parts or info that others can share. While I am not inclined to make this a junk meet, this activity does help us in maintaining our aging vehicles.

At around 2pm, I propose we continue with a "drive somewhere for late lunch parade" and a break up around NLT 4pm.

Please reply mail to this message with your best guess as to your likely attendance and choices to the above dates and place.

I, personally, am looking forward to seeing you all and celebrating another end of hibernation. Pass this info to others who may have an interest.

-- stephen (still) reluctant header upper of the Central Ohio Westies Vans and Busses

p.s. we have a "new" Westy...'87 GL... wine colored.. auto and air. Fritz