Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:14:26 -0800
From:         David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG>
Subject:      Which interior should I install ????

I have a big dilemma in front of me.

The Westfalia that I bought came with no interior, but it does have a factory install pop-top roof, front and rear differential locks and 205R16 wheels. It drives pretty good, but the 1.9L wbx has to go. I am seriously thinking of installing a 1Z TDI motor.

Now... for the interior. I have a complete interior from a 1991 Joker from Germany. This is the same interior as the Westfalia had here with only a minor change to the door in the cabinet in the rear of the van - I have an unused stove / fridge / sink, propane tanks, propane heater, basically everything but the bed in the pop-top as this came from a high-top Joker. The other interior is from a Carat, with the fold down bed, pop up table and a fixed rear facing seat that goes behind the driver seat. Both interiors are grey and both are in excellent condition. Both interiors will allow me to go camping with the wife, two children and the dog and to be able to have breakfast in the morning on a table. I like the Joker interior due to the fact that I can make coffee and keep the beer cold, but, all those cabinets and accessories weight a lot and it goes with me everywhere. The Carat interior weighs a lot less, but it isn't a camping friendly. I go camping from March to September and usually every other weekend during that time. Decisions, decisions!

David Marshall

Fast Forward Automotive Inc. 4356 Quesnel Hixon Road Quesnel BC Canada V2J 6Z3 mailto:info@fastforward.ca <mailto:info@fastforward.ca> http://www.fastforward.ca <http://www.fastforward.ca> Phone: (250) 992 7775 FAX: (250) 992 1160

. Vanagon Accessories and Engine Conversions . Vanagon, Transporter and Iltis Sales and Importation . European Lighting for most Volkswagen models