Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Feb 2002 15:05:53 -0600
From:         Dart 330 <dart330@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      more fuel pump problems

As I headed out this morning the temp was 29 degrees. I backed out of the driveway and got to the end of the street to make a left on Broadway and when I gave it gas to go, the van hardly went. I floored it and it would creep up to 30mph. So I turned around to go get the Jetta, and right before I got to the driveway normal power returned. I went ahead and took the Jetta not wanting to get stranded. I have also noticed in the past on the highway when I would give it gas sometimes it would hesitate for a few seconds and return to normal, but the fuel pump was buzzing as loud as could be. So should I go ahead and get a new fuel pump? I am going to take it out tomorrow to see if there is anything clogging the inlet. Any recommendations?

Thanks, Nathan 85 Westy 74 Bus 60 SO-23