Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Feb 2002 22:14:41 -0500
From:         brad barcom <bbarcom@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: '91 Westy Coolant/Fan
Comments: To: Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@HOTMAIL.COM>

Bob-

You may have already checked these things, but make sure that your throttle position switch is doing what it is supposed to: continuity at idle and full throttle. Even after cleaning my switch several times, I still had a difficult time getting it to "open" and "close" properly. I ended up buying a new switch because the old one was just too unpredictable, only working about 95% of the time.

Also, you may want to check the temp II sensor to be sure that your resistance readings are within tolerances as the van warms up.

These would be my first two places to look for a high idle like the one you are experiencing.

Good luck,

Brad Barcom