Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Feb 2002 00:03:48 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <jhrodgers@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: Gas tank vacuum
Comments: To: Richard Kunkel <rkunkel@KPBX.ORG>

You are right on about this. I had this kind of problem on my Jeep Wagoneer LTD. Vacuum on the gas tank. Couldn't figure out what was going on. Discovered in this case someone (dumb cluck) had connected a return line to the tank to a vacuum port on the intake system. Made one hell of a vacuum on the tank. So much so that it partially collapsed the tank. I kept wondering why the heck the tank would hold more gas. In time it got a permanent set in it and up set the fuel level transmitter. Had it tuned one day by local shade tree mechanic and he discovered the vacuum line problem. Fixed it, replaced the fuel tank, and was good to go.

Yup, there is enough vacuum to collapse that tank.

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver