Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 12 Feb 2002 11:15:41 -0800
From:         Matthew Pollard <poll7356@UIDAHO.EDU>
Subject:      [Syncro] F/S 87 GL SYNCRO (fwd)
Comments: To: wet westys <wetwesties@onelist.com>

them, not me. -matthew

---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 19:09:20 -0000 From: abstracted27 <fgrate@hotmail.com> To: Syncro@yahoogroups.com Subject: [Syncro] F/S 87 GL SYNCRO

I am about to put my 87 GL Syncro on EBay for sale, but I thought I'd offer it to the group first. 2.1L, 142k, AC, CD, PS, PB, 4-speed w/low, NEW clutch with about 100 miles on it, Weekender bed set-up. Overall great shape with just a couple little things broken or missing. As follows: heat shroud below left side push rod tube area is missing, plastic missing off window crank handles, one wing window lock is missing, muffler's tailpipe rusted off but muffler is still quiet, syncro engagement green led dash lights do not work, oil buzzer comes on for about 1 minute at start-up but pressure check was done and is within spec, scratch in windshield towards center, antenna is broken off, tires are good but will most likely need replacement by end of summer, interior is nice but carpet could use a shampoo and some of the armrests are wobbly, minor dings and scratches, a couple were deep enough for a little touch up (usual 15 year battle scars). It was garage kept until I got it, I've had it 3- 4 months now, there was some repairs around the seam areas (the usual ones) but it looked like someone wet sanded a little too far (can't tell until you are close up)did not buff out. I will throw in all the paint and supplies needed to fix it right. My Porsche mechanic says the syncro system works great with no lock up and the drive train and motor have no fluid leaks at all. The heads were replaced before I got it, about 5-6k ago. I never used the syncro system...OK I played with it once or twice when I first got it, it's cool, but i don't really have a need for it in my area, but I know many of you do. THERE IS NO RUST AND NO SIGN OF PREVIOUS DAMAGE OR RUST REPAIR. If you are the least bit interested please let me know ASAP. I will send you pics of anything and everything you want. There is nothing to hide. This is your first chance to buy a good example of a great East Coast Syncro. Located in Eastern Pennsylvania. $4900 610-683-9569, fgrate@hotmail.com