Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:09:20 -0500
From:         "John P. Flaherty" <jflahert@MAINE.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: Pop Top Alarm
Comments: To: abusguy2@springmail.com

I agree. I've had 4 busses, the 71, a '79, and two '84's. The 71 was my favorite hands down. The '79 was my least favorite. I'm no fan of the Type IV engine. I found it needlessly complex and expensive to maintain for no noticable power gain over the '71.

While waterboxers are even more complex, at least they are more powerful, and have heat.

Also, contrary to popular opinion of loafs vs. vanagons, the '79 sucked in the snow. Both of my '84s were better.

John Flaherty Portland, Maine '94 GL

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Baker" <abusguy2@springmail.com> To: <jflahert@maine.rr.com> Cc: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 11:51 AM Subject: Re: Re: Pop Top Alarm