Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 17 Feb 2002 00:25:54 -0800
From:         Edward Nutter <eanutter@POSTOFFICE.PACBELL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Generation span of the  list..........
Comments: To: Kurt Stewart <kstewart@COPIQUIK.COM>

I'm 55

I bought my first Vanagon (Big Blue) new in '85 to hold the wife, 3 kids, another on the way, and my disabled bro-in-law. It was our family ride for several years. We loaned to to family on occasion so that van got to places we never did. The kids (except for the youngest) grew up, got their own cars & moved out. My bro-in-law died. My wife started using it to ferry kids around for her new day care business. I modified the back space over the engine with seatback and belts to hold more kids. On the way back from one family gathering we carried 10 adults and three adolescent kids back to their homes. My wife tired of daycare and gave up the business, I got laid off and started being a handyman, so we swapped cars and the Vanagon became a work van. It finally threw a rod through the top of the case at 212K miles. Dang thing would still start & run, but I was put off by the cost of a decent rebuild.

So I bought my current 85 Vanagon (Beluga) and used it as a work van until the engine died. By that time I'd seen this list and [SubaruVanagon] and so am gathering parts to make it a 2.2 Vanaru.

Ed