Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Feb 2002 09:59:21 -0500
From:         "G. Matthew Bulley" <gmbulley@BULLEY-HEWLETT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Recommended VW shops in San Diego

I had a REALLY good experience with a shop on El Cajon Bvd about 18 years ago. I know that is a long time ago, but they looked like they would be around for a while.

The specific name escapes me, but it had to do with Christianity, something like "Divine Motors" or "Resurrection Repairs". Their yellow page ad had VW prominently in it, and had the Jesus fish symbol. Family run place. Good people.

Long story short, I was a dumb 19-year-old who had rebuilt his Porsche 914 motor incorrectly, and needed the car to work so I could move back east ASAP. The repair estimate ran $1,400; which was nearly all the money I had in the world. They did the repair perfectly, and re-wrote the bill for $600; leaving me enough money to make it back east and get a small apartment/some groceries.

I'll never forget that.

Developing business and guiding change since 1996,

G. Matthew Bulley Bulley-Hewlett Corporate Communications Business: www.bulley-hewlett.com Alliance: www.ntara.com Call tollfree: +1.877.658.1278