Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:52:37 -0500
From:         "Samuel L. Walters" <slwalters@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Eberspacher BA6 ? heater from old van available
Comments: To: syncro <syncro@yahoogroups.com>, type2@type2.com

Van folks,

I have an rusty, almost totally stripped early 80's Westy. It is about to go to the scrap heap. I have run out of time to put into stripping it and want to send it away early next week. It looks horrible and I am sure the neighbors have seen enough of it or the bright blue cover.

About the only thing remaining of any value (as I see it) is the Eberspacher heater. I think it is a BA6. It looks like the heater that can be seen at

http://williamwareagency.com/forsale/stanvan/bn6.jpg

If someone wants to come pull it out this weekend, it can be saved from the crusher. It appears that all, or very close to all, of the parts in the above picture are either on the van or in my storage shed. Most on the van. Many of the nuts and bolts holding it together are rusty, so it will take some time. The gas tank is still on the van and looks much newer than the rest of the underside.

But if you want to come pull this heater out this weekend, let me know and we will see if it can be arranged. Be sure you can come so that I don't tell someone else no. If you want the whole thing so you can remove the heater at your leisure, we might be able to arrange that, but it only has a couple of functional tires.

The van is jacked up in my back yard in Baltimore, in the city, not the burbs. I do not have time to help with the pulling or I would do it myself and sell to the person who offered my $100 for it AS IS. Electricity available.

Feel free to circulate this to anyone you think might be interested. I am posting this late morning Thursday EST and will check back early this evening.

Sam Walters Baltimore, MD 84 Vanagon, original owner 89 Syncro GL