Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:49:59 -0800
From:         Brent Christensen <sbsyncro@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Carpet for Cargo Areas in Westy

This is what I do, and it works well. However, I have to admit that I have had my eye on the nice looking ones at www.gowesty.com for a couple of years now... Something about that "Westfalia" logo at the sliding door opening.... (And the nice matching front carpet set)

Brent Christensen Santa Barbara, CA

>From: "Loren A. Busch" <lbusch@IX.NETCOM.COM> >Reply-To: "Loren A. Busch" <lbusch@IX.NETCOM.COM> >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >Subject: Re: Carpet for Cargo Areas in Westy >Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 23:59:25 -0800 > > Take a tape measure and measure the area, it's rectangular and nothing >tricky. Now go to your local el-cheapo local carpet merchant, the guy >that runs the obnoxious adds during the late show. They will have all >kinds of remnents. Have them cut you a piece, with one long edge from >the finished edge of the carpet roll, probably from commercial or >indor/outdoor carpeting. Chose a color you will like in your Westy. >Take it out and drop it in with the finished edge at the door. Your >done, and it should cost you from seven to fifteen dollars max. I've >done this three times, great solution. If you do a lot of camping and >are tired of sweeping out the leaves, twigs, dirt etc., get two or three >like this. Stack them up on the floor for travel or everyday use >(additional insulation and sound deading) and when you set up camp, pull >out the extras and put them on the ground in front of the door or use >them however they will help around camp. If you like, you can store the >outdoor use carpets under the 'good' one all year round for appearance. >One word of warning: if you live in a very damp climate, make sure you >don't 'stack and store' these inside you Westy if they are damp. Rapid >mildew problems and the orders are near impossible to get rid of.

Brent Christensen '89 GL Syncro Westy Santa Barbara, CA