Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Feb 2002 17:11:48 -0500
From:         The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:      Re: I got SA second from BD;and no comment
Comments: To: Oxroad@AOL.COM

> Just to keep us informed: I ordered a lower South African Grill from Bus > Depot and what showed up was a factory second item. The grill had a few > dimples from the manufacturing process where the plastic didn't fill the > mould and the like. Two of them in spots that were very visible > if the grill was installed on the bus.

These come directly from VW of South Africa, and are first quality stock. We order from VW in a combined shipment with Just Kampers but the orders are split up upon arrival. These are all first quality grills, not blems or factory seconds. I'm not disputing that the one you got had a couple of blemishes - I saw them myself when we got it back - but all I can guess is that somehow a blemished grill got mixed in with the regular stock at the VW factory in South Africa and ended up on our pallet. We have had no other returns of that nature, and a check of remaining stock turned up no others like it. So this was definately a one-time thing.

> Two letters to the Bus Depot from me inquiring about why I > recieved a factory second recieved no response.

Actually, Dan, my store manager, tried to reach you twice by phone. First he called a number with a 310 area code that we had on file for you. This reached a woman who apparantly knew you but you were not there. Dan left a message for you with her, and also asked if she had another number where he could reach you. She declined to provide one, but just then, Dan saw another number in your customer file, this one with a 973 area code. He asked her if that was a current number and she said yes. He then called that number, got voice mail, and left a message there as well. He never heard back from you after leaving both messages. He had been calling because he wanted to send you a replacement right away, if you wanted another one, but wanted to confirm with you first. When you didn't call back, he opted for the safest solution and just refunded your money instead.

In the case of initial factory defects, we generally pay outbound shipping for the replacement part, and also issue a refund or credit for return shipping based on standard mail or UPS ground rates. If you would like another grill, I'll be happy to ship it free, and reduce the price by the aforementioned credit amount. Otherwise I'll be happy to post the additional amount an in-store credit which you can apply toward your next order.

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. (215) 234-VWVW www.busdepot.com

_____________________________________________ Toll-Free for Orders by Part # 1-866-BUS-DEPOT