Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 23 Feb 2002 11:12:25 -0700
From:         Keith Adams <vanagon_syncro@TELUSPLANET.NET>
Subject:      87 Syncro 7 pass F/S - Calgary, Alberta
Comments: To: syncro group <Syncro@yahoogroups.com>

Howdy folks,

The time has come to thin the herd a little. We just bought a Subaru, so our AWD ski mobile needs are being met, and the Syncro has become a little redundant.

1987 Vanagon Syncro 7 passenger Silver with blue interior 120K miles / 200k km no power windows or A/C

The good: - brand new viscous coupling (2 months of use on it) - rebuilt and rebalanced driveshaft by Drive Systems Inc. - new front outer CV joint (L side) - rear axle w/ remanufactured CV joints (L side) - new starter - RARE Webasto gas fired coolant heater. Programmable. Works like a charm. - f.diff and tranny are filled with Redline MTL - locking rear diff - interior is in good shape but needs a shampooing (haven't got around to it) - starts runs and drives like a champ - no signs of any coolant leaks. This has been our only vehicle for a couple of months, so it's been everywhere without complaint. - it's big, it's bad, it's burly. Anyone want to make SyncroMog II?

The bad: - has some "appearance deficits" - DPO ground some scratches and chips which got surface rust. I have touched up those spots, but it's still not pretty (it's near 0*F these days, and without a garage, working possibilities are limited!). There is some rust at the window seals on the rear windows. Overall, the van is very solid. All the rust is surface and not structural at all. - two missing armrests on front seats. I'm at a loss to explain that. - locking rear diff isn't hooked up at the moment. I had some R&R to do to get it working, but since it's been so cold, I haven't had a chance to reconnect the actuator - maple syrup smell from rear heater core - slight driveline vibration at 65 km/hr I've been fooling around with shimming, but haven't got the combo right yet. - windshield is NFG - missing a couple of bumper ends (no biggie - but I thought I'd mention it). I have the strips for the front bumper, but the plastic clips are broken.

Asking $5000 CDN / $3250 USD obo. Any US buyer's would have to pick the van up in Calgary and handle getting it across the border - cause I know nothing about doing that. Will consider interesting air cooled (beetle, split van, bay window non camper, thing, ghia, etc.) or watercooled A1 trades. Trades would have to be in Canada.

Lots of pics: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/lkadams/syncro/87syncro.html

Questions? vanagon_syncro@telusplanet.net

Keith Adams Calgary, AB, CA || http://www.clubveedub.com 86 Westy "Roxy" 87 Syncro 7 pass FOR SALE http://www.telusplanet.net/public/lkadams/syncro/87syncro.html