Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 23 Feb 2002 19:16:42 -0600
From:         "Terry K." <CTONLINE@WEBTV.NET>
Subject:      Karl Wolz Found----

Where do I start this story---?

After the wayward lads decided to stop riding around in circles on the "L" in the loop last night---Karl and friend appear an hour late at a designated spot I suggested-----

This sight coming down the road was more than I could bear---- An Isuzu pickup truck, with a pop top on it, with a queen sized bed----mattress and box springs, tied down on the roof----

Thank God I just purchased an Auto Mart magazine----I hid my face, so maybe this gypsy vehicle would pass-----no such luck----should have driven another vehicle, so it wouldn't have been so obvious---- the Vanagon thing ya know---

Anyway, went to lunch with the two of them, and ole Bill, Karls friend, just after eating decided he needed a nap--right at the table-----How Nice----

I tried my damnest to horrify the two of them, to no avail----

In the discussion we had, I discovered why there seemed to be some sort of common ground ------The Wolzinheimer is Hungarian-----A true gypsy------a Cigany, in Hungarian----

( I did ask him where he got his goulash in Phoenix Az. )

I was going to say much like myself--but there is no way I would be seen traveling from Chicago to Phoenix, looking like two towel heads, just leaving Bed Mart----

Had a nice time, visiting with Karl and his buddy--and I wish them a safe and uneventful trip back home--they are going to need all the luck they can get--believe me.----:>)

Happy Trails to You--

Terry--