Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Feb 2002 00:12:36 +0100
From:         Robert Steven Fish <fish@SALZBURG.CO.AT>
Subject:      Re: 1987 Oxygen Sensor Wiring 2.1 liter Digifant MV engine
Comments: To: David Beierl <dbeierl@attglobal.net>

Holy Mackeral!

That is some fantastic, detailed, and helpful information!

Thanks a million. I think what threw me the most about this situation, was not only that the cable seemed strange in that it was a shielded type... but also the really LAME way that it was connected to the oxygen sensor cable. The female connector is present on the ECU to O2 sensor (harness) wire... but it appears that the O2 sensor wire was just cut (ie, someone saw that BOTH connectors were female, and freaked out and cut the wire, stripped it, and wrapped it around the female connector... not good) and the shielding was also just flapping in the breeze.

Come to think of it, the guy who did this lame procedure must have been me... as I now remember doing this about 6-7 years ago. Hmmmmm... good that humans can learn.

I'll have to locate a "double-male" type connector when I replace it this time.

Thanks again!

RSF

Robert S. Fish Salzburg, Austria 1987 Wolfsburg Vanagon 2.1 Weekender 1987 Golf Cabriolet 1991 Golf

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Beierl" <dbeierl@attglobal.net> To: "Robert Steven Fish" <fish@SALZBURG.CO.AT> Cc: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2002 11:30 PM Subject: Re: 1987 Oxygen Sensor Wiring 2.1 liter Digifant MV engine