Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Feb 2002 17:40:00 -0900
From:         Mike Moery <mike.moery@ACSALASKA.NET>
Subject:      Re: front wipers, heat, door light problem 85'
Comments: To: Tracy Bonin <tracyb1420@PHUNKYBITCHES.COM>

If the '85s are similar to my '82 in this respect (and I think they are), than you may have a failing load reduction relay. This relay disconnects the wipers and blower motor while you're cranking the engine, so more power is available for the starter. The relay (on mine, anyway) is above the fuse panel, third position from the left. I think it's an ordinary 40 amp relay, widely available (Ken at Van Again would know for sure), and it just plugs in. A quick and easy fix. As for the interior lights, remove and clean all the door switches (little push-buttons in the door jambs). These commonly get dirty and oxidized, but they are easy to clean. Disconnect the battery before either repair. Hope this helps.

    -Mike Moery Anchorage, AK   ---------------         ||E[__] [__]|[_]\         | =======| -   ||   * * * *( o )-------( o )= 'Ol Bessie '82TD Westy