Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:11:38 -0500
From:         Jay L Snyder <Jay.L.Snyder@USA.DUPONT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Any air cooled owners out there running oversized tires?
Comments: To: 80 Westy Pokey <pokey@VANAGON.ORG>

The real reason we "need" re-inforced sidewalls is.... "lawsuit" If a dealer sells you anything less, he is opening himself up for a big payout. If the original specs say re-inforced sidewalls, then by God you better sell them re-inforced sidewalls! I too (before I got on this list) ran an '86 GL on nothing but P-tires after the lousy original Continentals finally went. Boy were they bad tires. I must have put over 100K on various tires, including at least 2 sets of Pep Boys Cornell's. Of course I didn't worry about blown head gaskets, low oil pressure, Vanagon syndrome either. The list can get a little anal retentive about things.

Jay ('85 Westy w/Kirklands all around)

80 Westy Pokey <pokey@VANAGON.ORG>@gerry.vanagon.com> on 02/25/2002 12:01:17 PM

Please respond to 80 Westy Pokey <pokey@VANAGON.ORG>