Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:05:35 -0600
From:         Chris Hinkle <chris_hinkle@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tires one more time.

Folks, I'm considering getting rid of the crappy car tires my PO bought and replacing them with the GoWesty 15" GVW-8025 15x7" Wheel and Tire Package. These are alloy rims with the tires already on. The price is $895, plus about another $100 shipping to where I live in Texas. You can find this package on their site here:

Directory << Accessories << Wheels, Tires and Accessories << Wheels and Tires

...or search for part number GVW-8025.

GoWesty's text is as follows:

"Our 15x7" Alloy Wheel and Tire Package employs a 15" diameter by 7" wide cast alloy wheel made to fit the Bus and Vanagon. We figured out the correct offset, center cap and fasteners so these wheels simply bolt on. The package includes Michelin 215/65-15 X-ONE tires mounted and balanced, center caps, all new hardware and instructions."

Has anyone bought these? It sounds like a pretty good turnkey solution to this layman. All feedback welcome.

Cheers,

Chris '87 Westy Tiico