Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Feb 2002 07:33:10 -0700
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      Re: Cheap emergency gas can for INSIDE your van (Was: Mercedes
              gas              can for spare tire)
Comments: To: Bill Knight <bill.knight@USA.NET>

Bill,

I've used white gas a few times to get to the nearest station. I store it in the back cabinet of the Westy in aluminum one liter backpacking bottles (usually have two of them).

My mechanic told me that white gas is simply gasoline without any additives, so you may get a bit of a knock from it, though I never have.

Karl Wolz

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Knight" <bill.knight@USA.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 6:54 AM Subject: Re: Cheap emergency gas can for INSIDE your van (Was: Mercedes gas can for spare tire)

I've heard that Coleman fuel will also work, and if so, it might be worth carrying a can for emergencies. Can anyone confirm if the fuel is ok to use in place of gasoline? Is it simply "white gas", which I believe is the same as unleaded?

Bill