Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 2 Mar 2002 09:30:30 -0800
From:         van man <vannman99@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Syncro Tranny Problem
Comments: To: Syncro@yahoogroups.com

Hi,

I am experiencing some very disturbing tranny probs in the 87 syncro. Over the past couple months there have been a few sporadic instances of it being hard to shift into first or reverse, but a double pump on the clutch always seems to work (strange - when its raining, the shifting is always smooth as silk - almost to easy).

Two days ago things got really bad without any real warning or escalation from the above mentioned symptoms. I cant even shift into low, reverse is very hard, and first is difficult. Once in reverse, she starts clanking and I have to keep the clutch way down or it pops out. First starts bucking like mad if im not going fast enough, and will pop out of gear as well. Also low power of the go, especially on a hill, have to keep clutch way depressed (like me).

This frustates the hell out of me because when I bought the van about five years ago, it had a brand new (rebuilt) tranny installed from German Transaxel. in 98, the tranny failed AGAIN and was still under warrenty so I had it replaced, along with a new clutch. Ive only driven 32k miles on this sick tranny....

Any advice?

Thanks,

Jeff