Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 2 Mar 2002 17:16:37 -0800
From:         Joseph Tu <joetoo2@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Found the Leak, but now valvetrain sounds funny?!

Well, went under the van and ran it to find the leak and it appears to be the BIG hose coming out of the plastic distribution block ahead of the right bank of cylinders, it popped a wee little hole in its side. Now, what to do, just replace that one or all of them that are looking kind of borderline. I've only replaced two other hoses on the van since owning it (not first owner), the one coming out from water pump to rail hose(elbow shaped), and the little short one form the thermostat housing to the back of the van(big to small). The van is a 90 and I have no idea if hoses were replaced before I got it.

Also another thing, when I was under the van the left side bank valve train seemed to making more noise than the right, not overly harsh, but definitely off in some way. I do have the 1.25 ratio rockers with the swivel feet installed, but I don't remember them being quite as loud before, hmmm, maybe it needs adjustment?! How quiet is the valvetrain supposed to be? Anyone tape record there engine ever? Maybe that's what caused the overheat, valve adjusters gone loose? I will have a peak in there too I guess, man, gotta remove all that engine tin in the way.