Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 3 Mar 2002 18:02:56 -0800
From:         Patrick Harris <harrisvanagon@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: !! MUST SELL!! 81 Vanagon - Pics are up!
Comments: To: msnichols@mindspring.com

Mike -

Nope. This isn't the one. She's parked inside my brother's garage all torn apart. This is one of the others I have. I'm down to just this one and my 87. Anyways, it's straight, a smidge of surface rust by the back window seal, no dents, clear title. I noted in my earlier email that the wing window needed to be replaced. Well, I got a line on a replacement window so I'm going to get that and put it in. No cracks in the glass, everything works. New battery, starter, tune up, oil change and clutch slave cylinder. I was going to use this rig as a worker runaround. That's what I've been using it for. It's clean, no rips or tears in the seats. Carpet in good shape. It's missing the slider door panel.. it was like that when I bought it. It doesn't leak, drives nice, gas mileage is good. Tires and brakes are in good shape. I'd say the tires have about 50,000 left on them. Brakes are around 75% left. Rotors and drums in good shape. Hmmm.. I can't think of anything else. The exhaust has a hole in it around the bend (180' bend on the left side) and I have a patch kit for it. I just haven't got to it yet. Clutch feels good, tranny shifts easy and doesn't make any noise. And, the heater works!!! Damn, does it work. Sometimes too much. Well, I don't know what else. If you think of anything, let me know. I might end up having to give up on my other 81 and get rid of it. I got the engine done and most of the body work. Still haven't touched the suspension. Interior is finished except for the headliner. Looks pretty good. I just don't want to give up. I've been photographing it as much as I can. I just haven't had the time to build the website along with other things I've put off. Let me know what you think ASAP. I'm eager to find a new home for it soon. One I need the money, two it's going to be homeless real quick if I don't find someone who wants it. It's mainly little things that need done. No big dollar things, just time consuming things. CAn't remember if I said this before, but it has a clear title. Tabs just expired though. I'd work a deal if someone needed to drive it home or something.

Best Regards,

PAtrick Longview, Washington