Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 3 Mar 2002 19:45:11 -0800
From:         Ben McCafferty <ben@KBMC.NET>
Subject:      Re: Syncro Trans Help needed
Comments: To: SyncrogalVW@CS.COM

I wonder if one of those tools with the prongs could get it? It's like an olive picker, I call it the "Total Recall Tool", after the scene in Total Recall where Arnold Schwarzeneger uses it to pull some robotic device out of his brain through his nose. :) Anyway, maybe try opening the drain plug as well and get some light in there. Two things that might help: first, an LED flashlight, which is really bright white light. Second, there is a fiber optic attachment that fits a standard AA Maglight that will easily fit into your tranny plug hole and let you look around in there to find the hose. Best of luck, you should be able to get it. I can help with the tranny drop if you get to that point, just pmail me. tx, bmc :) "Faith will move mountains, but you'd better bring a shovel...."