Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 4 Mar 2002 09:55:27 -0600
From:         Larry Alofs <lalofs@ENTERACT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Ron's Subliminal and not so subliminal msgs WAS:
              busdepot.comBeep ???

I think you are overreacting. Seemed like all in fun.

Ron Semko wrote: > > Well, lets see, this IS "The United States of America", and Ron does > own a business, and he is using marketing methods, so a'hhhhhhhhhh > what's the point? > > That you don't like Ron, or you don't aprove of the free enterprise > system, or? > > In all the years I've been on this list, and all the dealings I've had > with Ron at the Bus Depot I have been pleased, no let me change that > to very pleased. > > There was the time that I ordered a lot of stuff from Ron, and UPS > broke the box and I received less than half the items Ron shipped, > when I called him he sent out a second order, that very day, and he > delt with UPS, not me. And there are many other instances as well that > I was glad I bought from the Bus Depot. > > So if he wants to play with his web site, I say good. > > It's his prices, his service and his inventory that I as a consumer > with a vehicle that is over 15 years old am interested in. > > Ya know sometimes you just have to put things IN perspective. > > Ron Semko > > >From: Richard Golen > >Reply-To: Richard Golen > >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > >Subject: Ron's Subliminal and not so subliminal msgs WAS: > busdepot.com Beep ??? > >Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 10:02:46 -0500 > > > >> >sounds all the time. Does anyone else not hear the > >> >BEEP when they go to busdepot.com?? > > > > > >BEEP?? What BEEP?? > > > >All I ever hear on the opening page is Ron's voice saying "buy more > >stuff....buy more stuff....you are under my power....buy more stuff" > > > >If that wasn't enough, did you ever notice that the picture of the > >Westy on > >the opening page begins to swirl and then turns into a hypno-wheel? > >I'm > >surprised no one has noticed that either...... > > > >And then there's the 1/10sec flash on every page that says "BUY IT > >NOW" > > > >Why haven't any of you complained about that, huh?? > > > >I'm now hearing Ron's voice every time I beep the horn in my > >Westy..... > > > >Ric > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: Click Here